Unfortunately, my time this month is extremely limited, yet I am taking on this task again. Writing a novel keeps my mind busy, and gives me something to do and look forward to. A short-term goal that helps to give everything else I'm doing a bit more meaning. Essentially, it's writing to stay sane. (initially I was going to title this blog "Writing to Stay Afloat", but that certainly gave a far different impression at first glance than I intend) I'm not sure when 1,667 words a day to stay sane made sense, but I've committed, and I plan to give it a go, regardless of the result. I was successful last year, my novel being completed at about 50,800 words. (since beginning editing, it has lengthened considerably, and I've not yet finished that) Perhaps despite all of my schoolwork this month, I will have the same success that I felt last year. Or perhaps not. Regardless, the pressure it puts on me to succeed is one that I don't get from anything else, and I can only hope that it will push me forward to complete this, regardless of the lack of sleep I'll be getting for the entirety of the month.
So I guess that's why I'm writing this blog. To track the insanity that NaNo is going to cause, be a little silly, and hopefully find my way to a successful month when everything else is going to try to crush that inspiration.
And now that it's 11:59pm, I must open my fresh Word document and begin this endeavor.
Ok, that may have been a bit over-dramatic and self-reflective. Time to write!
No comments:
Post a Comment